Short Description : To develop in students the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective, responsible, and ethical use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home.
More Details: The course is eight hours long and is conducted by an NRA Training Counselor in a classroom and at a shooting facility.
Students will be provided with the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection in The Home
PPITH candidates will learn the following topics:
The topics to be covered are:
1) Introduction to Defensive Shooting
2) Basic Defensive Pistol Skills
3) Firearms and the Law: Possession, Ownership, and the Use of Deadly Force
4) Strategies for Home Safety and Responding to a Violent Confrontation
5) Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense
6) Sport Shooting Activities and Training Opportunities