Short Description : To develop in students the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective, responsible, and ethical use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home.
More Details: The course is fourteen hours long and is conducted by an NRA Training Counselor in a classroom and at a shooting facility.
PPOTH candidates will learn the following topics:
1.Introduction to Concealed Carry Safety and the Defensive Mindset
2. Introduction to Self-Defense and Concealed Carry
3. Legal Aspects of Concealed Carry and Self-Defense
4. Carry Modes and Concealment
5. Presenting the Pistol from Concealment
6. Presentation, Position, and Movement
7. Special Shooting Techniques